White Pizza with Basil & Monterey Jack
White pizza is as traditional as the tomato-sauce kind in Italy and our version of white cheddar pizza is meant to impress! Getting its creamy tang from a blend of ricotta and Greek yogurt, smeared over a thin, crispy crust topped with grated Cabot Monterey Jack cheese (or Cabot Pepper Jack cheese) and fresh basil leaves, this will quickly become your new favorite white cheese pizza recipe. This makes four small pies which can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner or cut into enough appetizer-sized slices to feed a crowd. Share the recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!
Place rack in the upper third of your oven and preheat oven to 450ºF. Divide dough into quarters and, on a lightly floured surface, roll each quarter into a thin round, about 8 inches in diameter. If the dough is springy, roll it out as thin as you can, let rest for about 5 minutes, then roll again – crusts should be thin.
Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. To prevent sticking, sprinkle with cornmeal or brush with oil, then place two crusts on each sheet.
Brush each crust with some of the garlic oil, using all of it. Spread one quarter of the ricotta mixture over each crust, then sprinkle with one quarter of grated Cabot Monterey Jack cheese (or Cabot Pepper Jack cheese), followed by one quarter of basil leaves.
Bake pizzas for 8 to 11 minutes or until cheese is golden and the underside of crust is well browned.
If you love homemade pizza (and who doesn’t?), you’ll want to be sure to make this amazing Southwest Pizza. Cabot is a cooperative of New York and New England farm families who continuously strive to produce the best dairy products around. We’d really appreciate it if you could rate and review this white cheese basil pizza recipe once you’ve had the chance to make and enjoy it!
- 1 pound favorite whole-wheat or white pizza dough
- ⅔ cup part-skim or whole milk ricotta cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup slivered fresh basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- PLACE rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 450ºF.
- DIVIDE dough into quarters. On lightly floured surface, roll each quarter into thin round, about 8 inches in diameter (if dough is springy, roll out as thin as you can, let rest for about 5 minutes, then roll again- crusts should be thin).
- LINE two large baking sheets with parchment paper, sprinkle with cornmeal or brush with oil (to prevent sticking), then place two of crusts on each sheet.
- WHISK together ricotta, yogurt and salt in a small bowl. In another small bowl, stir together oil and garlic.
- BRUSH each crust with some of garlic oil, using it all. Spread one fourth of ricotta mixture over each, then sprinkle with one fourth of cheese followed by one fourth of basil.
- BAKE for 8 to 11 minutes or until cheese is golden and underside of crust is well browned.
- Serving Size
- 1/4 recipe
- per serving
- 24.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 11.5 grams
- 58 milligrams
- 1275 milligrams
- 60 grams
- 2 grams
- 28 grams
- 491 milligrams