Whole Grain Cheesy Pizza Biscuits
1 cup King Arthur Whole-Wheat Pastry Flour
1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
3 tablespoons Cabot Unsalted Butter, cold and cubed
3 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 3/4 cup)
- ½ cup fat free milk
¼ cup Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt
- Tomato based marinara sauce
Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar
- Fresh basil
- Meat of choice (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F.
- WHISK together milk and yogurt then set aside.
- COMBINE flours, baking powder, baking soda and spices in a large bowl. Work butter into the flour with your hands until it is fully immersed. Mix in cheese then form a hole in the middle of your flour. Slowly pour the milk mixture into the hole you created and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overwork the dough. Form dough into a ball then knead about 8 times on a lightly floured surface.
- ROLL out into a large disc or rectangle, about 1 inch thick in size. Using a circular cookie or biscuit cutter, cut shapes out of dough. You can use also use a square cookie cutter if you don’t have a biscuit one.
- PLACE biscuits onto a lined baking sheet and lightly brush the tops with melted butter or olive oil. Bake biscuits for about 12-15 minutes or until just barely browning on top.
- ALLOW to cool for a few minutes then set your oven to broil. Place a dollop of marinara sauce on each biscuit and top with cheese. You can also cut the biscuits in half before doing this to make more pizza’s. Place in the oven under broil for 3-4 minutes.
- SERVE immediately and top with fresh basil.
- per serving