Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Cheddar, Pesto and Tomatoes
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cleaned with stem and bottom leaves sliced off
- 2.5 ounces prepared pesto paste (we used Amore)
- 5 ounce can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano (we used Hunt’s)
3 ounces Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar, shredded (about ¾ cup)
- PREHEAT oven to 425°F.
- PLACE cauliflower in a medium-sized baking dish. Spread pesto paste on cauliflower with a basting brush. Pour can of tomatoes overtop the cauliflower. Roast for 45-55 minutes, depending on the size of the cauliflower, until fork tender.
- REMOVE from oven carefully and top with cheddar. Bake 3 more minutes until cheese is melted then broil 1-2 more minutes to begin browning the cheese.
- REMOVE from oven and top with freshly ground black pepper, if desired. Slice into steaks.
- SERVE with a spoon of tomatoes (from the sides of the baking dish) on top.