Breakfast & Brunch
Have you ever heard of yogurt toast? Whether you have or haven’t, we think you’re going to love this Cabot Greek yogurt breakfast recipe! Also called custard toast, yogurt toast has become an increasingly popular food, as it’s not only delicious, but quick and easy to make. Yogurt and egg are whisked together with sweeteners and flavor enhancers to create a custard. The yogurt custard is then spread over toast and topped with fresh fruit – yes, it’s that simple to make a tasty breakfast or snack!
Make this yogurt toast recipe for your breakfast and then share the recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram (use our handle @cabotcheese when posting on Instagram).
- 1 egg
- 2 – 3 teaspoons honey or maple syrup, plus more for serving
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 slices soft bread
- Handful of berries of choice (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- Confectioners sugar (optional)
- PREHEAT the oven to 400° F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- MIX yogurt, egg, honey or maple syrup, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- PLACE bread slices on baking sheet. Using the back of a large spoon, press down onto the bread to create a shallow bowl-like indentation. Dividing evenly between the six slices, spoon the yogurt mixture into the indentations. Top with berries.
- BAKE for 11-14 minutes or until the edges of the bread and custard are golden brown.
- DRIZZLE with honey or maple syrup before serving.
- DUST with confectioners sugar if desired.
- Serving Size
- 1/6 recipe
- per serving
- 3.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2 grams
- 40 milligrams
- 310 milligrams
- 33 grams
- 1 grams
- 3 grams
- 8 grams
- 52 milligrams