3 Bean Chopped Salad with Cheddar and Ranch
Bean salads make the perfect healthy lunch, as well as terrific accompaniments for numerous dinners. In our 3-Bean Chopped Salad, green beans, chickpeas, and dark red kidney beans are mixed with iceberg lettuce and our Sharp Cheddar (or Extra Sharp Cheddar). Tossed with a creamy ranch dressing, this is one bean salad you’ll be finding excuses to make again and again! This recipe makes 4 servings that are 3 cups each. Once you’ve made this recipe, feel free to share it with your friends and family members on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
To make the salad, steam 1 cup of green beans (trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths) until they’re bright green and crisp, yet tender, and then cool to room temperature. Once cooled, combine the green beans with about 1 small head of iceberg lettuce (chopped), 1 14-ounce can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed), 1 14-ounce can of dark red kidney beans (drained and rinsed), and 4 ounces of cubed cheese in a large bowl.
To make the dressing, whisk ¼ cup of Cabot Lowfat Greek Yogurt and 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise in a small bowl to combine. Then whisk in the remaining ingredients until smooth. Pour dressing over salad, tossing to combine. Enjoy immediately.
Cabot is a cooperative of farm families from New York and New England and has been producing award-winning dairy products for many years. We make numerous high quality dairy products, including butter and yogurts. We’d love to hear your feedback about this 3 Bean Salad with Cheddar and Ranch, so please rate and review it after you’ve tried it!
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed, cut-into 1-inch lengths
- 8 cups chopped iceberg lettuce, about 1 small head
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 14-ounce can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
4 ounces cubed Cabot Vermont Sharp Cheddar or Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar (about 1 cup)
¼ cup Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat buttermilk or milk
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
To Make Salad:
- BRING 1 to 2 inches of water to a boil in a medium saucepan fitted with a steamer attachment. Add green beans and steam, covered, until the beans are bright green and crisp tender, 3 to 4 ½ minutes. Remove steamer basket from the saucepan and allow beans to cool to room temperature.
- COMBINE lettuce, chickpeas, kidney beans, Cabot cheddar and the beans in a large bowl.
To Make Dressing:
- WHISK yogurt and mayonnaise in a small bowl to combine. Whisk in buttermilk, vinegar, sugar, dill, salt, onion powder and pepper until smooth.
- POUR the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- per serving
- 16 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 6 grams
- 35 milligrams
- 960 milligrams
- 52 grams
- 13 grams
- 26 grams
- 380 milligrams