Apple Carrot Loaf
Breakfast & Brunch
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup (1 stick) Cabot Salted Butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup shredded carrot
- 1 medium Fuji or other crisp apple, peeled and cored
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- WHISK melted butter, milk and vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract) thoroughly in a small bowl.
- WHISK the eggs and sugar together in a stand mixer bowl with a whisk attachment until it’s creamy and has a pale yellow color. (Or use a hand mixer.)
- CUT the apple in half, slice it thinly and set aside.
- SIFT the flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder and cornstarch over the egg mixture and fold it in gently until mostly combined. Pour in the butter mixture from step 2 and fold the mixture again until well combined. Fold in the shredded carrots.
- POUR the batter into the loaf pan. Layer the apple slices on top of the batter in two rows, alternating the overlapped slices between left and right.
- BAKE for about 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted to the center of the loaf.
- REMOVE from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing it from the pan.
- DUST the loaf with powdered sugar and serve.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 10 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 6 grams
- 80 milligrams
- 135 milligrams
- 26 grams
- 1 grams
- 13 grams
- 4 grams
- 39 milligrams