Bacon Grilled Cheese
What do you get when you put crisp applewood smoked bacon and rich Cabot cheese in between some slices of bread and cook it in some butter? Only one of the most delicious bacon grilled cheese sandwiches that’s ever been made! Don’t believe us? Give this dressed up (and super easy to make) version of a basic grilled cheese a try and let us know what you think. Then share the recipe with your friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram.
To make 4 servings, begin by melting Cabot Salted Butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
Top four bread slices with sliced Cabot Monterey Jack Cheese, Seriously Sharp Cheddar or Seriously Sharp Yellow Cheddar and cooked applewood smoked bacon. Press remaining bread slices on top.
Transfer to the skillet and cook slowly until golden on the underside, reducing heat if needed. Turn and cook until the sandwiches are golden on the second side and cheese is melted. Cut diagonally and serve.
If you’re anything like us, you probably can’t get enough grilled cheese. For your next fix, try this Grilled Cheese Florentine. As a co-operative of farm families, Cabot is dedicated to working hard to ensure that all of our dairy products are made using high quality ingredients. We’d love to hear your feedback on this bacon grilled cheese after you try it, so please consider rating and reviewing the recipe.
- 2 tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter
- 8 slices white bread
8 ounces Cabot Monterey Jack cheese, Seriously Sharp Cheddar or Seriously Sharp Yellow Cheddar, sliced about ¼ inch thick
- 12 slices applewood smoked bacon, cooked until crisp and drained on paper towels
- MELT butter in large skillet over medium-low heat.
- TOP four bread slices with cheese and bacon. Press remaining bread slices on top.
- TRANSFER to skillet and cook slowly until golden on underside, reducing heat if needed.
- TURN and cook until sandwiches are golden on second side and cheese is melted. Cut diagonally and serve.