Baked Cottage Cheese with Roasted Grape Tomatoes
If you’re interested in making a different kind of appetizer for your family’s dinner, then consider giving this baked cottage cheese recipe a try. This unique dish features eggs, cheese and cottage cheese that have been baked into a pie form—trust us, this one is very tasty! This recipe makes eight servings, and while you might think this dish is fairly heavy, you can actually use Cabot No Fat Cottage Cheese to cut down on all the calories. After making this dish, please make sure to rate and review it.
This baked cottage cheese recipe calls for a number of crucial ingredients. In order to get started making the roasted grape tomatoes, you’ll need some olive oil, garlic, salt, sugar and two pints of grape tomatoes. For the cottage cheese dish, you’ll need three eggs, Cabot Cottage Cheese (or No Fat Cottage Cheese), Parmesan cheese (which you can substitute for Asiago cheese), all-purpose flour, two tablespoons of olive oil, thyme, lemon and black pepper. The directions below highlight everything you need to know about making this dish including the bake time of 450°F for 45 min.
If you like this dish, check out our Cottage Cheese Pancakes! They’re perfect with some sautéed bananas or apples on them and of course feature our signature cottage cheese. Here at Cabot, we spend every day working hard to produce our award winning dairy products and cheeses. We’re confident that any recipe that features our products will be a winner in your home, but we want to make sure that this recipe is up to our high standards. After trying this baked cottage cheese recipe, please make sure to rate and review it.
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Cooking spray
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese
3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or marjoram
- Freshly grated zest of 1 lemon
- Few grindings black pepper
Roasted grape tomatoes:
Baked cottage cheese:
To Roast Tomatoes:
- PREHEAT oven to 425°F.
- LINE baking sheet with sides with aluminum foil (for easier cleanup). Place tomatoes, oil, garlic, salt and sugar on sheet; shake to roll tomatoes around and coat them all over with oil.
- PLACE in middle of oven and roast for 10 minutes.
- STIR to redistribute juices and roast for 10 to 15 minutes longer or until tomatoes are browned and juices are very reduced.
- MASH garlic clove and coarsely chop tomatoes, when cool. Transfer to small bowl. Cover and refrigerate if not serving within an hour or two. (Tomatoes can be made up to 4 days in advance; bring to room temperature before serving.)
To Bake Cottage Cheese:
- PLACE rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray and set aside.
- WHISK eggs in a large bowl until well combined and frothy. Place strainer over bowl and add cottage cheese; force through strainer with spatula or back of spoon. (Alternatively, combine eggs and cheese in food processor and process until smooth.)
- ADD Parmesan or Asiago cheese, flour, oil, marjoram or thyme, lemon zest and pepper and stir together well.
- SPREAD mixture evenly in prepared pie plate. Baked for 35 to 45 minutes or just until puffed all over and lightly browned on top.
- COOL to lukewarm or room temperature. Cut into wedges and serve topped with roasted grape tomatoes.
- per serving
- 14 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5 grams
- 600 milligrams
- 9 grams
- 1 grams
- 16 grams
- 200 milligrams