- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar, to sprinkle (optional)
- PREHEAT the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- WHISK together the egg, cream and vanilla bean paste or extract in a bowl.
- MIX flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in another bowl. Add in the chilled, cubed butter. Using the back of a fork or finger tips, crumble up the butter with the flour mixture until the mixture is fairly coarse.
- ADD in the egg mixture (save a tablespoon of the mixture for brushing) and use a spatula to fold the batter. Make sure to not over mix to maintain the flaky layers of the scone. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- SHAPE the dough on a lightly floured surface into a round, flat disk about 8-inch in diameter. Slice into 8 wedge-shaped pieces.
- PLACE each slice onto the parchment paper covered baking sheet. Brush with the extra tablespoon of saved egg mixture. Sprinkle the tops with some turbinado sugar if desired and bake for about 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- REMOVE from the oven and let cool on the pan for about 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy it with a cup of coffee or tea.
- Serving Size
- 1/8 recipe
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 13 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 8 grams
- 60 milligrams
- 270 milligrams
- 28 grams
- 1 grams
- 9 grams
- 4 grams
- 74 milligrams