Broccoli, Chicken, and Cauliflower “Rice” Casserole
- 1 large head of cauliflower
2 tablespoons Cabot Butter
- ¼ cup finely diced sweet onion
2 ounces Cabot Cream Cheese
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
8 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar, shredded (2 cups)
- 12 ounce bag frozen broccoli florets
- 12.5 ounce can chicken breast, drained
- Fresh ground salt & pepper
- PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees F.
- CUT cauliflower into large pieces and boil until fork tender. Drain in a colander and leave cauliflower in the colander to drain off more moisture while preparing the cheese sauce.
- SAUTE onion in butter in a skillet over medium heat until transparent.
- SHRED cheese and set aside.
- CHOP cooked cauliflower small to “rice” it. Set aside.
- ADD cream cheese, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, salt, and heavy whipping cream to the skillet and stir to combine. The cream cheese will melt into the other ingredients.
- COOK over low to medium heat for a couple of minutes until bubbling.
- STIR the shredded sharp cheddar into the sauce.
- SPRAY a large casserole dish or a 9 x 13 pan with olive oil or cooking spray.
- COMBINE the cheese sauce, cauliflower, broccoli, and chicken in the skillet. Spoon into prepared casserole dish. Salt & pepper the top to taste.
- BAKE for 20-25 minutes until golden and bubbly.