Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash
- 1 medium spaghetti squash halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken (2 chicken breasts or 4 chicken tenders)
6 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, shredded, (1½ cups), divided
⅓ cup Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 green onions white and green parts thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup buffalo hot sauce
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing for serving
To Roast the Squash:
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
- SLICE both ends from squash and discard. (If you find the squash is hard to cut, you can put it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. This will help soften it and make it easier to cut.) Stand squash up on one of it’s cut ends and use a large knife to cut the squash in half lengthwise. Scoop seeds and stringy insides out using a large spoon and discard.
- BASTE each half with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- PLACE squash cut-side down on the baking sheet.
- BAKE for 30 minutes or until squash is tender. Baking time will depend on the size of your squash. Larger squash will require a longer cook time. When squash is tender, allow to cool slightly before using a fork to gently scrape the squash into a large bowl. Reserve the squash shells.
- COOK the chicken while squash is roasting (you can always use rotisserie chicken too).
- DICE the veggies, and shred the cheese.
- To Cook the Chicken:
- BRING a large pot of water to a boil. Add chicken breast and turn down the heat to medium high. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked to 165 degrees.
- MOVE the chicken to a cutting board and shred with 2 forks.
To Assemble the Stuffed Squash:
- PLACE squash shreds, shredded chicken, 1 cup of the cheese, yogurt, garlic powder, onion powder, bell pepper, 1 green onion, and buffalo sauce in a large bowl. Toss well to coat.
- SPOON squash mixture into the squash shells. Sprinkle each half with the remaining ½ cup of cheese. Return the stuffed shells back to the baking sheet and place in a 375°F oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- DRIZZLE with ranch or blue cheese dressing and sprinkle with remaining green onions.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 21 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 9 grams
- 90 milligrams
- 1250 milligrams
- 42 grams
- 9 grams
- 16 grams
- 30 grams
- 474 milligrams