Cabot Cottage Cheese Blintzes
Breakfast & Brunch
Looking for a tasty and not-too-sweet dessert? Then you’ll have to try our recipe for cottage cheese blintzes. The recipe makes 10 scrumptious blintzes, and they feature a lovely blend of cottage cheese, fresh peaches, and vanilla bean Greek yogurt. While these blintzes will require a little bit of time and energy to make, they’ll definitely be worth it—this has to be one of our tastiest recipes! After trying the recipe, feel free to share it with your family and friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter.
Have you ever had a blintzes before? It’s very similar to a crepe, which means that it’s light, delicate, and truly delicious. You can serve these blintzes after lunch or dinner or for breakfast. If you’re ready to get started cooking, then you’ll need to gather up the ingredients for the batter and the filling. For the batter you’ll need some flour, salt, milk, eggs, and one tablespoon of Cabot Unsalted Butter. For the filling, you’ll need some Cabot Cottage Cheese, two percent Cabot Vanilla Bean Greek Yogurt, two peaches (fresh, if possible!), vegetable oil and one tablespoon of confectioner’s sugar. Remember to let the cheese blintzes bake for roughly ten minutes.
We hope you enjoyed our recipe for cottage cheese blintzes. If you’d like to try another unique dessert, you should go with our recipe for Very Berry Trifles. Cabot is a cooperative of over 800 farm families, and we work hard every day to produce high quality dairy products. We want to ensure that every recipe that features our cheeses is held up to our high standards, so after trying our cottage cheese blintzes, feel free to review them. If you liked them, or if you have some suggestions on ways to improve them, let us know!
¾ cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 2 large eggs
1 tablespoon Cabot Unsalted Butter, melted
1 cup Cabot Cottage Cheese
¼ cup Cabot Lowfat Vanilla Bean Greek
- 2 fresh peaches, chopped (or other favorite fruit)
- Vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon confectioner’s sugar
To Make Batter:
WHISK together flour and salt in medium bowl; add milk and eggs and whisk until smooth. Whisk in melted butter. Pour mixture through fine strainer set over second bowl to remove any lumps. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
To Cook and Fill Blintzes:
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Lightly oil baking sheet.
- COMBINE cottage cheese, Vanilla Greek Yogurt and fruit in small bowl; set aside.
- BRUSH crepe pan or small skillet lightly with oil or use nonstick pan and place over medium heat; when hot, add small amount of batter to pan, tilting to cover bottom. Cook until set on top and golden on underside. Transfer blintz to small plate and repeat with remaining batter.
- PLACE about 1/4 cup filling down center of each blintz; fold in ends, roll up into cylinder and place seam-side-down on prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE blintzes until heated through, about 10 minutes. Serve warm, dusted with confectioner’s sugar.
- per serving
- 8 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5 grams
- 100 milligrams
- 330 milligrams
- 29 grams
- 1 grams
- 13 grams
- 150 milligrams