2 to 4
Looking to satisfy a grilled cheese craving, but want something different than the original? This cheesy toast is the toastiest, tastiest, easiest, cheesiest, speediest, most indulgent cheese and toast variation ever created. Great as an after-school snack, as a side with tomato soup, for breakfast (just put an egg on it!), for dinner with a salad, a mid-morning snack, a late-night snack…you get the drift! Make this amazing cheesy toast and enjoy any time of day. Then share the recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
Preheat your oven or toaster oven to 450ºF. Butter the top sides of the bread and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for 3 minutes, or until the butter is fully melted.
Combine your favorite shredded Cabot Cheddar cheese with mustard and mayonnaise and mix well. Once the butter has melted, remove bread from oven and top with the cheddar cheese mixture.
Return the baking sheet to the oven and cook until bubbly and golden, about 5-10 minutes, keeping a close eye on it to ensure it doesn’t burn. Then dig in!
Love cheesy toast? Then we think you’ll love cheesy waffles too! Try our Zucchini Waffles with Cabot Cheddar next. As a co-operative of farm families, Cabot takes a lot of pride in making our award-winning dairy products. We’d love to hear your thoughts on this cheesy toast recipe, so please rate and review it once you’ve tried it.
- PREHEAT oven, or toaster oven to 450ºF. Butter the top sides of the bread and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 3 minutes, or until the butter is fully melted.
- COMBINE Cabot Cheddar cheese with mustard and mayonnaise and mix well. Remove bread from oven once the butter has melted, and top with the cheddar cheese mixture.
- RETURN baking sheet to the oven and cook until bubbly and golden, approximately 5-10 minutes. A toaster oven tends to cook faster than a regular oven so be sure to check intermittently.
- Options for your cheese toast;
- Chopped fresh herbs, tomato, ham, pesto, jam, pepperoni, salsa, avocado, blackberries, fried egg, or hot sauce
- per serving
- 25 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 12 grams
- 70 milligrams
- 720 milligrams
- 24 grams
- 1 grams
- 17 grams
- 443 milligrams