Cheesy Potato Bites
These mini cheesy potato bites are soon to become your go-to appetizer for parties and a favorite anytime snack for kids. The secret ingredient in these is actually cauliflower! By adding cauliflower to mashed potatoes, you get a nutritional boost with an extra serving of vegetables. These are also perfect for those with lactose intolerance since our cheddar cheese is naturally lactose-free. After you make these mini cheesy potato bites, please feel free to share the recipe with family and friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!
To make a dozen, preheat your oven to 350°F and spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray. In a medium size pot, bring the potatoes to a boil, then turn heat down to low, and cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
In the meantime, place the cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl with a splash of water and steam in microwave until very tender, for about 3 minutes. Once the potatoes are done cooking, drain water and add in cauliflower, mashing until combined. Then add in the shredded Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar, garlic, chives, pepper, and salt, mixing until smooth.
Fill the muffin tins with potato mixture and top each with more cheese. Bake until tops are golden brown, for approximately 20 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes in tin before removing. Potato bites can be served warm or at room temperature.
Loving the cauliflower and cheese combination? Then try our Roasted Cauliflower and Cabot Cheese dish. As a cooperative of over 800 farm families, Cabot takes a lot of pride in making our award-winning dairy products. We’d love to hear your thoughts on these mini cheesy potato bites, so please rate and review the recipe once you’ve made it.
- 3 white potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup cauliflower, steamed
3 ounces Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar, shredded (about ¾ cup)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Spray mini muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- BRING the potatoes to a boil in a medium size pot then turn heat down to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes (just like mashed potatoes).
- MEANWHILE, put the cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl with a splash of water; steam in microwave for 3 minutes or until very tender.
- DRAIN water after the potatoes are done cookingand add in cauliflower; mash until combined. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.
- FILL the muffin tins with potato mixture. Top each with more cheese and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- COOL the potato bites for a few minutes in muffin tin before removing. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- per serving