Chive, Cheddar & Green Chili Corn Mini-Quiches
Breakfast & Brunch
Individual quiches are terrific for so many reasons – they’re easy to make, look lovely when served, are ideal for serving a crowd and can also be frozen, making mini quiches convenient to grab and heat up for a quick, on-the-go breakfast or snack. We think you’ll find this green chile quiche recipe especially tasty, with a delicious combination of corn, green chiles, fresh chives, Cabot Cottage Cheese, Cabot New York Extra Sharp Cheddar and Cabot Pepper Jack. Just be warned that this recipe only makes 12 servings and, since we’re guessing these mini quiches will disappear quickly, you may want to make a double or triple batch! Share the recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter while you’re at it.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine the eggs and half & half in a medium bowl or a large measuring cup. Stir in thawed yellow corn kernels, diced green chiles, chopped chives and Cabot Cottage Cheese. Add the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper, stirring well with a wire whisk.
Spray each tin of a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Evenly divide the shredded Cabot New York Extra Sharp Cheddar and Cabot Pepper Jack between the muffin tins. Pour the egg mixture over the shredded cheese, dividing evenly among all 12 muffin tins. Mixture should fill each tin almost to the top.
Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F and bake for an additional 20-23 minutes, or until quiches are puffed and golden. Allow to cool slightly and serve warm.
Note: If you’re not serving a crowd and have extra mini-quiches left over, the good news is that they freeze nicely! Freeze on a baking sheet and transfer to a zip-top freezer bag. Reheat in a warm oven or pop in a microwave.
Can’t get enough mini quiche recipes? Neither can we! Try our Crustless Asparagus & Rosemary Mini-Quiches next! Did you know Cabot is a cooperative of New York and New England farm families who continuously strive to produce the best dairy products around? If you love this green chile, corn and chive quiche recipe as much as we do, we’d really appreciate it if you could rate and review it when you have the chance!
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup half & half
- 1¼ cups frozen yellow corn kernels, thawed
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
8 ounces Cabot Cottage Cheese (about 1 cup)
¼ cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray
4 ounces Cabot New York Extra Sharp Cheddar, shredded (about 1 cup)
4 ounces Cabot Pepper Jack, shredded (about 1 cup)
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F.
- COMBINE eggs and half & half in a medium bowl or large measuring cup. Stir in corn, green chilies, chives and cottage cheese. Add flour, baking powder, salt and pepper; stir well with a wire whisk.
- SPRAY each tin of a muffin pan with cooking spray. Evenly divide shredded cheese between 12 muffin tins. Pour egg mixture over shredded cheese evenly among 12 muffin tins. (Mixture should fill each tin almost to the top.)
- BAKE at 400°F for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F; bake for an additional 20-23 minutes, or until quiches are puffed and golden. Allow to cool slightly; serve warm.
- Serving Size
- 1 mini-quiche
- per serving
- 10 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5 grams
- 88 milligrams
- 371 milligrams
- 7 grams
- 0.5 grams
- 10 grams
- 184 milligrams