Chocolate-Stuffed French Toast
Breakfast & Brunch
Stuffed French toast should be a staple at any brunch and we love to make it for a weekend breakfast treat too. If you love this sweet, rich dish and you love chocolate, then this chocolate stuffed French toast recipe is sure to delight you! While it’s perfect on its own, with delicious pockets of warm chocolate tucked inside the French bread, it’s also fantastic topped with maple syrup or maple syrup blended with a bit of Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt. Make it for your next brunch or breakfast and share the recipe with friends and family via Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
To make 2 servings, use a paring knife to make a “pocket” in each slice of bread by cutting a 2-inch slit in the bottom and then expanding with the knife, being careful not to cut through sides. Insert a piece of chocolate into each pocket.
In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs until frothy. Then add half-and-half or milk, Cabot Lowfat Vanilla Bean Greek Yogurt and vanilla, whisking to combine. Soak the bread slices in milk mixture for a minute or two until well saturated.
Melt Cabot Salted Butter in a skillet over medium-high heat just until it starts to bubble. Add bread slices and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Serve topped with maple syrup or syrup blended with a little additional yogurt.
Need another dish that’s ideal to serve at any brunch or breakfast? Try a twist on the Monte Cristo Sandwich and will quickly become a favorite! Our goal as a co-operative of 800 farm families is to make the highest quality and best tasting dairy products you’ll find. We’d love for you to rate and review this stuffed French toast recipe once you’ve made it!
- 4 thick slices French bread
- 1-2 bars favorite chocolate
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half or milk
1 cup Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt, plus additional for topping
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter
- Maple syrup
- MAKE “pocket” in each bread slice by cutting 2-inch slit in bottom and expanding with a paring knife, being careful not to cut through sides. Insert a piece of chocolate into each pocket.
- WHISK eggs until frothy in medium bowl. Add half-and-half or milk, yogurt and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Soak bread slices in milk mixture for a minute or two until well saturated.
- MELT butter in skillet over medium-high heat just until it starts to bubble; add bread slices and cook until golden brown on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Serve topped with maple syrup or syrup blended with a little additional yogurt.
- per serving
- 51.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 27.5 grams
- 639 milligrams
- 1358 milligrams
- 135 grams
- 5 grams
- 57.5 grams
- 537 milligrams