Corn Cheddar Fritters with Cabot Cheddar
18 fritters for 6 appetizer servings
This easy corn fritter recipe is loaded with cheesy goodness! But not just any cheese – we wanted to give these corn fritters a richer flavor combination than traditional ones and used our Cabot Garlic Herb Cheddar cheese. You’ll love the result! These fritters are the perfect way to enjoy the flavors of summer. After making these tasty corn fritters with cornmeal, share the recipe with family and friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram.
To make about 18 cheddar corn fritters, whisk together cornmeal, grated Cabot Garlic Herb Cheddar, flour, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together milk, egg and maple syrup. Stir into the cornmeal mixture until no trace of dry ingredients remain, being careful not to overmix. Then stir in the fresh steamed corn (or frozen corn).
Heat vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Working in batches of about four fritters, spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of batter per fritter into skillet and cook until lightly browned on the underside, about 2 minutes. Turn over and cook until lightly browned on the second side, about 2 minutes more.
Transfer to paper towels with a spatula to drain and enjoy.
For another delicious cheesy appetizer, try our Sausage-Cabot Cheddar Balls next. As a co-operative of farm families, Cabot is dedicated to creating the highest quality products and recipes that best showcase the fresh flavors of our products. Please share your thoughts on this cheese fritters recipe after you’ve tried it by rating and reviewing it
- ⅔ cup yellow cornmeal
2 ounces Cabot Garlic Herb Cheddar, grated (about ½ cup)
3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ⅔ cup fresh steamed corn or frozen corn
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- WHISK together cornmeal, cheese, flour, salt and baking soda in large bowl.
- WHISK together milk, egg and maple syrup in small bowl.
- STIR wet ingredients into cornmeal mixture just until no trace of dry ingredients remain (do not overmix). Stir in corn.
- HEAT oil in medium skillet over medium-low heat. Working in batches of about four fritters, spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of batter per fritter into skillet. Cook until lightly browned on underside, about 2 minutes. Turn over and cook until lightly browned on second side, about 2 minutes longer.
- TRANSFER with spatula to paper towels to drain.
- per serving
- 18 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5 grams
- 48 milligrams
- 426 milligrams
- 20 grams
- 1 grams
- 6 grams
- 140 milligrams