Creamy Broccoli, Tomato & Cheddar Linguine
1 (13.25-ounce) box Dreamfields Linguine
- 4 medium cloves garlic, excess papery skin removed but not peeled
- 6 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
6 ounces Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1½ cups)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved or quartered, depending on size
- BRING about 4 quarts water to boil in large pot; add linguine and garlic and cook for 6 minutes.
- ADD broccoli to pot and continue cooking linguine and broccoli for 3 minutes longer. Reserve about ½ cup of pasta water. Drain pasta well in colander and return to pot.
- REMOVE garlic cloves, slip from skins and mash into paste; scrape into small bowl. Add evaporated milk, cornstarch, mustard, salt and pepper; whisk until cornstarch is completely dissolved with no small lumps remaining. Pour mixture over linguine and broccoli.
- RETURN mixture to medium-high heat and stir until sauce is simmering and creamy. Remove from heat and add cheese, stirring just until melted. If sauce is too thick, add some of reserved pasta water to thin. Stir in tomatoes and serve.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 10.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 6.5 grams
- 35 milligrams
- 663 milligrams
- 60 grams
- 5 grams
- 23 grams
- 417 milligrams