Creamy Instant Pot Mac and Cheese Recipe
Mac & Cheese
For the dreamiest, most luxurious, super creamy macaroni and cheese, break out your instant-pot, Cabot cheeses and butter! This instant pot mac and cheese creates the taste and texture you crave when enjoying this ultimate comfort dish, but makes it extremely convenient to make – no draining the noodles here. With three different Cabot cheeses – Cream Cheese, Sharp Cheddar and Monterey Jack, this is one rich and yummy mac and cheese! Share the recipe on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter with family and friends.
For 6 to 8 servings, begin by adding elbow macaroni, followed by Cabot Unsalted Butter, water, ground mustard, kosher salt, granulated onion (or onion powder), black pepper, and cayenne pepper to the bowl of the instant-pot. Secure the lid and make sure the vent is set to “sealing”.
Select “Manual” and set pressure to “HIGH” for 4 minutes. When the 4 minutes is up, quickly release the pressure by flipping the vent to “VENTING”.
Open the lid and add the cubed Cabot Cream Cheese. Stir gently, but thoroughly, until the cream cheese is completely melted. Add the milk, Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar and Cabot Monterey Jack and continue to stir until all of the cheese is melted and smooth. Serve immediately and enjoy!
For a hearty slow cooker mac and cheese with bacon, try this mouth-watering recipe for Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese. Cabot is a co-operative of New England and New York farm families, bringing many years of experience to make only the best products for you and your family. We’d love to hear your feedback on this instant-pot mac and cheese recipe, so please rate and review it when you have the chance!
- 1 pound small elbow macaroni
- 3 cups water
2¼ teaspoons ground mustard, preferably English mustard
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon granulated onion or onion powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ½ pound small elbow macaroni
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard, preferably English mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon granulated onion or onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons whole milk
Cooking for fewer people? To reduce this recipe to 3 – 4 servings cut the ingredients in half (as below). The other directions remain the same.
- ADD the macaroni, butter, water, ground mustard, kosher salt, granulated onion or onion powder, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to the bowl of the Instant Pot. Stir to combine.
- SECURE the lid and make sure the vent is set to “sealing”.
- SELECT “Manual” and set pressure to “HIGH” for 4 minutes. When the 4 minutes is up, quick release the pressure by flipping the vent to “VENTING”. Set Instant Pot to “KEEP WARM”.
- OPEN the lid and add the cubed cream cheese. Stir gently but thoroughly until the cream cheese is melted.
- ADD the milk, Seriously Sharp Cheddar, and Monterey Jack and continue to stir until all of the cheese is melted and smooth. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size
- 1/8 of recipe
- per serving
- 23 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 13 grams
- 65 milligrams
- 720 milligrams
- 45 grams
- 2 grams
- 17 grams
- 288 milligrams