Green Goddess Grain Bowl
- 1 cup uncooked farro, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed (1 bunch)
- 8 ounces fresh snap peas
2 ounces Cabot Vermont Sharp Cheddar, grated (about ½ cup), plus more for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
1 cup Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 green onions, trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, halved and seeded (optional)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 mini seedless cucumbers, sliced
- ½ cup pea shoots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, sliced
- ¼ cup toasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
Green Goddess Dressing:
- BRING a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- ADD farro and cook for 20-25 minutes, until tender. Drain and set aside.
- BRING a second medium pot of water to a boil.
- ADD asparagus and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add snap peas and continue cooking 1-3 minutes longer until bright green and tender. Transfer to a bowl with ice water.
- PLACE all dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- TOSS together the cooked farro, ½ cup dressing, and grated cheese in a large bowl. Divide evenly among serving bowls.
- TOSS asparagus, snap peas, cucumbers, pea shoots, olive oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in bowl. Divide evenly among serving bowls on top of the farro mixture.
- TOP grain bowls with avocado slices and pumpkin seeds. Serve remaining dressing on the side.
- Serving Size
- 1/4 recipe
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 38 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 10 grams
- 35 milligrams
- 230 milligrams
- 54 grams
- 13 grams
- 7 grams
- 20 grams
- 331 milligrams