Grilled Shrimp Salad with Orange-Mint Dressing
Love shrimp and love salad? Then this healthy grilled shrimp salad will quickly become a staple for lunches and dinners in your home. Grilled shrimp, vine-ripened tomatoes and garlic-flavored croutons are placed on a bed of mixed greens. The salad is drizzled with a light and delicious orange salad dressing and then sprinkled with grated Cabot Monterey Jackor Cabot Mild Cheddar, creating shrimp salad perfection! After trying this tasty, shrimp salad recipe, please make sure to share it with family and friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram.
To Make the Grilled Shrimp:
Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill or preheat a gas grill to high.
Toss shrimp with 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium bowl. Thread shrimp on skewers and place directly over heat. Cook until pink, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from heat and slide shrimp off skewers onto a plate.
To Make the Dressing for Shrimp Salad:
Whisk the fresh orange juice and zest, sherry vinegar, remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil, honey, fresh mint, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
To Make the Salad:
Arrange greens among 4 plates and top with vine-ripened tomatoes, garlic-flavored croutons and grilled shrimp. Drizzle each with one fourth of the orange salad dressing. Top with grated Cabot Monterey Jack or Cabot Mild Cheddar cheese and enjoy immediately.
Looking for a shrimp salad with a kick? You’ll love ourSpicy Shrimp & Cabot Cheddar Spinach Salad. As a co-operative of farm families, Cabot is dedicated to creating the highest quality products and recipes that best showcase the fresh flavors of our products. Please share your thoughts on this grilled shrimp salad recipe after you’ve tried it by rating and reviewing it.
1 ¼ pounds large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon plus 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-5 (10-inch) metal or bamboo skewers
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups mesclun mix, baby arugula, torn frisee (French curly endive) or other greens
- 2 large vine-ripened tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1 cup garlic-flavored croutons
4 ounces Cabot Monterey Jack or Cabot Mild Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
- PREPARE hot fire in charcoal grill or preheat gas grill to high.
- TOSS shrimp with 1 tablespoon oil in medium bowl.
- THREAD shrimp on skewers. Place directly over heat and cook until pink, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from heat; slide shrimp off skewers onto plate.
- WHISK together orange juice and zest, vinegar, remaining 3 tablespoons oil, honey, mint, salt and pepper in small bowl.
- DIVIDE greens among 4 plates. Top with tomatoes, croutons and shrimp. Drizzle each with one fourth of dressing. Top with cheese.
- per serving
- 22 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 8 grams
- 307 milligrams
- 777 milligrams
- 24 grams
- 3 grams
- 40 grams
- 300 milligrams