Ham & Cheese Muffins
Breakfast & Brunch
Ham and cheese muffins make the perfect breakfast for busy mornings and are also a great post-workout snack. Keep this cheddar and ham savory muffin recipe on hand for when you need healthy and filling food on the go. Easy to prepare ahead of time, just grab one and go when you’re heading out the door (heat them up in the microwave for extra comfort and enjoyment). Once you’ve made these muffins, share the recipe with friends and family members on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
To make these super savory ham and cheese muffins, preheat your oven to 375°F and coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk together whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pepper. Then beat eggs, buttermilk (or Cabot Nonfat Plain Yogurt), and canola oil (or avocado oil) in a medium bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to moisten. Then add 1 ½ cups shredded Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar (or Extra Sharp) and ham, stirring to combine.
Spoon muffin batter into prepared muffin pans, top with remaining ½ cup of cheese, and bake for approximately 22 to 24 minutes. You’ll know they’re done when they spring back after being lightly touched and a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
Try these Cheddar, Tomato, and Spinach Scones for another fabulous on the go breakfast or snack option. Cabot is owned by New England and New York farm families who work hard to ensure that all of our products are made using only the finest ingredients. That’s why we’re confident that you’ll love these ham and cheese muffins. We’d love to hear your thoughts so, if you’d rate and review this recipe after trying it out, we’d greatly appreciate it!
1 ¼ cup King Arthur White Whole-Wheat Flour
⅔ cup King Arthur All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
¾ cup low-fat buttermilk or Cabot Nonfat Plain Yogurt
- ½ cup canola oil or avocado oil
8 ounces shredded Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar or Extra Sharp Cheddar, divided (about 2 cups)
4 ounces cubed Dakin Farm Ham Steak (about 1 cup)
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Coat a 12-muffin muffin tin with cooking spray.
- WHISK whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pepper and salt in a medium bowl. Beat eggs, buttermilk or yogurt, and oil in a medium bowl. Add dry ingredients to the wet and stir to moisten. Add 1½ cups cheddar cheese (6 ounces) and ham and stir to combine.
- SPOON into the prepared muffin tins. Top with the remaining ½ cup cheese (2 ounces) and transfer to the oven. Bake until the muffins are puffed and golden brown on top, they spring back when lightly touched and a wooden skewer inserted should come out clean, 22 to 24 minutes.
- Serving Size
- 1 muffin
- per serving
- 17 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 4.5 grams
- 60 milligrams
- 490 milligrams
- 18 grams
- 2 grams
- 12 grams
- 203 milligrams