Hash Brown Waffle Grilled Cheese
Breakfast & Brunch
2 - 4 servings or 2 sandwiches
- 32 ounce bag frozen tater tots, thawed
- ½ cup diced ham
- ½ cup chopped roasted red bell peppers
- 2 scallions, sliced
4 – 8 ounces Cabot Extra Sharp cheddar, sliced
- PREHEAT a 7 inch waffle iron on high.
- PLACE the thawed tater tots in an even layer, very close together on the waffle iron. Close the lid, press down and cook for 5 minutes. Carefully open the lid and fill in any gaps with additional tater tots. Close and press down again and cook approximately 5 more minutes or until the tater tot waffle is browned and crisp and makes a “hash brown” waffle. Remove the waffle and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- REPEAT the process to make a second tater tot hash brown waffle. When this waffle is crisp top it with ½ of the cheese, ¼ cup of the ham, ¼ cup of the peppers and ½ of the sliced green onions. Place the first waffle on top to make a sandwich.
- CLOSE the lid but do not press down. Cook the sandwich until the cheese melts, approximately 5 – 10 minutes. Carefully remove the sandwich and repeat to make another sandwich with the remaining ingredients.
- CUT both sandwiches into quarters and serve.
- Serving Size
- 1/4 recipe (1/2 waffle sandwich)
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 32 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 10 grams
- 1300 milligrams
- 45 milligrams
- 56 grams
- 6 grams
- 4 grams
- 18 grams
- 214 milligrams