High Protein Crunchy Pancakes Recipe
Breakfast & Brunch
These healthy whey protein pancakes are deliciously moist and fluffy and are sure to become a family favorite breakfast. The best part? Thanks to the nutritious value, you won’t feel sluggish shortly after eating them as often occurs with regular pancakes – instead, you’ll feel energized and ready for the day! Share this Greek yogurt protein pancakes recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
To make 4 servings of high protein crunchy pancakes combine buttermilk pancake mix, whey protein powder and walnut pieces in a food processor. Process for 30 seconds or until walnuts are finely chopped. Add water and process for 5 more seconds or until blended. Set aside.
Coat a large skillet or griddle with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat until very hot, approximately 3 minutes.
Spoon ¼ cup batter per pancake onto the hot skillet or griddle, being careful not to overcrowd pancakes. Cook for 1 minute or until bubbles appear and then turn over and cook until the underside of pancake is golden. Serve topped with Cabot Lowfat Strawberry Greek Yogurt (or Cabot Lowfat Vanilla Bean Greek).
For another healthy and satisfying pancake recipe, try our Cottage Cheese Pancakes. Did you know Cabot is a co-operative of farm families who continuously strive to produce the best dairy products around? If you love these whey protein pancakes, we’d really appreciate it if you could rate and review the recipe when you have the chance.
- ¾ cup “complete” buttermilk pancake mix
- ½ cup (2 scoops) whey protein powder
- ¼ cup walnut pieces
- 1 cup water
- Cooking spray
1 cup Cabot Strawberry Lowfat Greek Yogurt or Cabot Vanilla Bean Lowfat Greek Yogurt
- COMBINE in food processor, pancake mix, whey protein powder and walnuts; process for 30 seconds or until walnuts are finely chopped.
- ADD water and process for 5 seconds or until blended; set aside.
- COAT large skillet or griddle with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until very hot, about 3 minutes.
- SPOON ¼ cup batter per pancake onto hot skillet or griddle (don’t overcrowd pancakes) and cook for 1 minute or until bubbles appear. Turn over and cook until underside of pancake is golden.
- SERVE topped with yogurt.
- per serving
- 8 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 1.5 grams
- 35 milligrams
- 390 milligrams
- 28 grams
- 1 grams
- 10 grams
- 18 grams