Hot Italian Cheddar Dip
Dips Spreads & Dressings
Add a little Italian flair to your typical dinner by trying out this fun Italian Cheese Dip recipe. It’s relatively easy to make—just add some ripe red tomatoes and fresh basil to some delicious and perfectly melted Cabot Cream Cheese and cheddar. It’s also a great dish to bring over to any dinner party, barbecue or family get-together. This cheese dip works best for dipping crackers and chips, but it also works great for dipping healthy veggies, too. After trying this recipe, make sure to rate and review it.
This hearty recipe is perfect as an appetizer for a party or for a nice family dinner. It also works well as a side dish since it packs a mouthwatering kick of cheesy flavor. This recipe calls for eight ounces of Cabot Cream Cheese and five ounces of Cabot Alpine Cheddar—don’t forget to add that refreshing basil and chopped grape tomatoes too! Once all the ingredients are added, make sure to serve it while it’s still warm (and add some red onions for a little extra flavorful punch) and remember that this dip works well with just about anything. Sliced sourdough bread, crackers and chips all work fine for dipping, but this Italian cheese dip works best with some fresh, crunchy veggies like carrots or celery.
This dip is a fun and simple way to add a little extra flair to dinnertime. It’s easy to whip up, and it will definitely be a hit at your next party. Please rate and review this recipe after you’ve tried it—we’re eager to hear what you think!
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch salt
- 1 slice white bread, crusts removed, processed into fine crumbs (about ¾ cup)
- ½ cup chopped grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Coat small (about 2½ cup) oven-proof baking dish with cooking spray.
- BEAT cream cheese in a large bowl with electric mixer until light and airy, about two minutes.
- ADD in 4 teaspoons of basil, pepper and salt. Add 1 cup of cheddar and breadcrumbs. Beat until blended.
- SPREAD mixture in prepared dish. Top with remaining ¼ cup cheddar.
- BAKE for 15 to 17 minutes or until heated through but not bubbling.
- LET cool on wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- SERVE warm, topped with tomatoes, red onions and remaining 2 teaspoons basil.
- per serving
- 15.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 9 grams
- 240 milligrams
- 50 milligrams
- 5 grams
- 0 grams
- 6.5 grams
- 170 milligrams