Lightened-Up Warm Artichoke & Spinach Dip
Dips Spreads and Dressings
If you love a good artichoke spinach dip but you’re worried about added calories, do not despair! With our Lightened-up Artichoke and Spinach Dip, you can enjoy all the rich flavors you love without the extra calories! This recipe features Cabot Cottage Cheese for a delicious, healthy alternative to heavy, high-calorie dips. Whether you want to make a hearty dip for game day or girls’ night, everyone will want to dig into this dish. Once you’ve tried our recipe, be sure to leave us a review to share your thoughts and feedback. Your ideas can help fellow artichoke spinach dip-lovers bring out all the goodness that this recipe has to offer!
By using Cabot No Fat Cottage Cheese and two tablespoons of reduced fat mayonnaise, you can still enjoy all the creamy richness of the dip while cutting extra calories and fat. This hearty base combines with the cheesiness of our Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar or Cabot Lite75 Sharp Cheddar for an unforgettable taste. Add in chopped onion, garlic, cayenne pepper, and Dijon mustard for complex spice flavors that provide a little extra oomph. The 6 cups of baby spinach and 14 ounce artichoke hearts provide the delicious greens that will encourage everyone to dig in. You better move quickly before the dip is all gone! Our artichoke and spinach dip can be served with whole-wheat pita chips or tortilla chips, and it also tastes great with fresh carrots and celery sticks.
All Cabot cheeses are produced on American family farms throughout New York and New England, and we are dedicated to crafting the highest quality dairy products for our customers. Our commitment to excellence makes all the difference as Cabot cheese has made meals special for generations. Once the crowd has cleaned through the artichoke spinach dip, be sure to rate the dish and share a review. We would love to know how you enjoyed the dish and to hear any ideas on how you can add your own special twist to the recipe!
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups baby spinach (5-6 ounces), washed and dried
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, rinsed and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Whole-Wheat Pita Crisps
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Coat 3 or 4-cup baking dish with cooking spray. (Or use four 12-ounce baking dishes.) (Dip will keep, covered, in refrigerator for up to 2 days until ready to bake.)
- HEAT oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring often, for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened and starting to turn golden. Add spinach and garlic; cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until spinach has wilted.
- PLACE artichokes, cottage cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and ground red pepper in food processor; process until smooth. Add spinach mixture and cheese; pulse just until blended.
- SCRAPE artichoke mixture into prepared baking dish(es). Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until heated though. Serve hot.
- Serving Size
- 1/4 cup or 1/12 of recipe (w/o chips)
- per serving
- 4 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2 grams
- 5 milligrams
- 420 milligrams
- 7 grams
- 1 grams
- 1 grams
- 6 grams
- 109 milligrams