Mediterranean Chicken-Chickpea Salad
When does a salad become a meal? When it’s loaded with tender chicken, healthy chickpeas, and delicious Cabot Cheddar! Red bell peppers, black olives, and grape tomatoes offer the delightful crunch of crisp veggies. Lemon juice, red wine vinegar, and olive oil combine to create a light and zesty dressing that perfectly accents the fresh garden tastes of the salad. Hints of garlic, parsley, mint, and oregano bring out refreshing herb notes, and garbanzo beans add the chickpea flavor that is a signature of Mediterranean dishes. Rounding out the recipe is juicy shredded chicken and cubed Cabot Sharp Cheddar that make this lactose free dish more than your average Mediterranean salad. Once you’ve given it a try, be sure to rate and review the dish to share your thoughts!
This Mediterranean chickpea salad makes a tasty and satisfying meal that you can feel great about! Chickpeas are a great source of healthy antioxidants and fiber, so this salad introduces significant health benefits into your diet. The light dressing is a great alternative to traditional high-fat dressings, so you don’t have to worry about counting calories. And our Cabot Sharp Cheddar is naturally lactose- and gluten-free. You can also make this Mediterranean salad as a perfect side dish for parties or potlucks. Refrigerate any leftovers for a refreshing lunch salad.
No matter how you serve it, this delicious chickpea salad will quickly become a favorite. The crisp veggies, tender chicken, yummy cheddar cheese, and light dressing make a delightful combination any time of year. Cabot is committed to producing the very best cheeses on the planet, and that commitment shines through in every product we craft. Don’t forget to review the dish and let us know how you enjoyed our Mediterranean chicken-chickpea salad!
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 ½ cups cooked, shredded chicken
4 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, cubed (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- COMBINE first 10 ingredients in a medium bowl; set aside. Combine olive oil and remaining ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a wire whisk or fork until well combined.
- POUR olive oil mixture over garbanzo bean mixture; stir well to combine. Serve immediately, or cover and chill to allow flavors to meld.
- per serving
- 21 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5.5 grams
- 50 milligrams
- 598 milligrams
- 17 grams
- 4 grams
- 20 grams
- 184 milligrams