Oatmeal Cheddar Blackberry Bars
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
¼ cup King Arthur White Whole Wheat or Premium Whole Wheat Flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
2 ounces Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar, finely grated (about ½ cup)
5 tablespoons Cabot Unsalted Butter, softened
- ¾ cup blackberry preserves, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 8-by-8-inch square baking pan or dish with cooking spray.
- COMBINE oats, brown sugar, white and whole wheat flours and salt in a medium bowl.
- ADD cheese and butter and mix together with your fingertips until mixture is completely blended and holds together when pressed.
- PRESS 2 cups of mixture firmly over bottom of pan, reserving rest.
- SPREAD preserves to within ¼ inch of edge.
- MIX chopped pecans into remaining mixture; sprinkle evenly over preserves and press down lightly.
- BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Let cool, then cut into bars.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2.5 grams
- 70 milligrams
- 23 grams
- 1 grams
- 2 grams
- 32 milligrams