Pecan Pie & Cheddar Mini-Donuts with Caramel Glaze
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup crushed graham crackers
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 cup Cabot Lowfat Vanilla Bean Greek Yogurt
- 3 large eggs
4 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated (about ½ cup)
1 ½ cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter
To Make Donuts:
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Lightly grease three mini-donut pans (or work in batches, baking one pan at a time).
- STIR together, in medium bowl, pecans, sugar, graham crackers, and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk together yogurt and eggs until completely combined; add yogurt mixture to dry ingredients, whisking until well blended. Stir in cheddar.
- WHISK in flour a small amount at a time just until blended and smooth. With small spoon, fill each donut well about 3/4 full with batter.
- BAKE for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned and tester comes out clean.
To make Caramel Glaze and Finish Donuts:
- HEAT cream, while donuts bake, in small saucepan or in microwave, to just below simmer; set aside.
- PLACE sugar in heavy saucepan over low to medium heat; stir constantly with whisk or fork until sugar has melted into syrup and is light gold in color. Stop stirring and let syrup continue to cook, swirling pan for even cooking, until syrup turns dark golden amber; immediately remove from heat.
- POUR, slowly and carefully, reserved hot cream down side of pan into sugar syrup (it will bubble and splatter, so use oven mitt and long-handled spoon or silicone spatula). Stir caramel until combined and smooth.
- ADD butter and return pan to low heat, stirring until butter is melted and blended. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm. When donuts are done, remove from oven and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes. With spoon or small spatula, spread some of glaze on top of each donut.
- ENJOY immediately or let cool and store, lightly covered, for up to three days.
- Serving Size
- 1 mini donut
- per serving
- 6 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2.5 grams
- 27 milligrams
- 66 milligrams
- 16 grams
- 0.5 grams
- 3 grams
- 44 milligrams