Pizza with Cauliflower Crust
If you love pizza and can eat it every day, you’ll probably want a healthier version to add to your recipe box – and to substitute for some of those pizza delivery nights! This pizza with cauliflower crust is exactly what you need! Easy to make, grain-free, healthy, and scrumptious, this pizza may just replace regular pizza altogether. Hey, you never know! Feel free to share the recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter once you’ve made it.
To get started, put your pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 450°F. Place a lightly oiled sheet of parchment paper on a cutting board and set aside.
Rinse cauliflower, dry it, and then cut off the florets. Using a large food processor, pulse the florets for about 30 seconds or until it resembles “rice”. Place the “rice” in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 4 minutes, then pour onto a clean tea towel and let it cool down slightly so you can work with it.
Once cooled a bit, wrap up the cauliflower in the towel, hold it over the sink and squeeze all the water out. It is extremely important not to skip this step since too much extra water will end up making your curst mushy – and no one wants a mushy pizza crust!
Then mix cauliflower “rice” in a large bowl with the shredded Cabot Hand-Rubbed Tuscan Cheddar, shredded parmesan, salt, basil, oregano, garlic powder, and eggs.
Using your hands, form it into a square shape crust on your parchment paper. Slide the dough (along with the parchment paper) onto the pre-heated pizza stone and bake until golden brown, about 8 to 11 minutes.
Remove from oven, add toppings, and bake another 5-7 minutes, until bubbling and golden. Let pizza cool for a few minutes and then slice into 16 squares.
Looking for a great white pizza recipe? You’ll love this White Pizza with Basil and Monterey Jack. As a cooperative of New York and New England farm families, our mission is to make the highest quality and best tasting dairy products you’ll find. We’d love for you to rate and review this Pizza with Cauliflower Crust once you’ve made it!
- 1 head of cauliflower, small to medium size
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 eggs (depending how much cauliflower you have)
- Toppings of your choice
- PLACE your pizza stone/sheet in the oven and preheat to 450°F.
- PLACE a lightly oiled sheet of parchment paper on a cutting board and set aside.
- RINSE cauliflower, dry it and then cut off the florets. Using a large food processor, pulse the florets for about 30 seconds or until it resembles “rice”. Depending on the size of your cauliflower, it should make about 2-3 cups. If you have about double then just double the seasonings plus eggs and consider making two pizzas or 1 larger one.
- PLACE your cauliflower “rice”, in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 4 minutes. Pour onto a clean tea towel and let it cool down slightly, or else you will burn your hands in the next step.
- Wrap up the cauliflower in the towel, hold it over the sink and squeeze all the water out. I had a fairly large cauliflower and managed to squeeze out 3/4 cup. This is a very important step because all that extra water could make your crust too mushy!
- MIX the cauli “rice” in a large bowl with the cheddar, parmesan, salt, seasonings, and egg. If you have less than 2-3 cups “rice”, I recommend using 2 eggs. Just judge it by how sticky the dough is and if it easily can form a ball or not.
- FORM it into a square shape crust on your parchment paper, using your hands. Pat it and lightly blot with a paper towel if you didn’t seem to get enough water out. Slide the dough along with the parchment paper on the pre-heated pizza stone and bake 8-11 minutes until golden brown.
- REMOVE and add toppings. Bake another 5-7 minutes until bubbling and golden.
- Let it cool for a couple minutes and then slice into squares.
- per serving