Poblano Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- 2 poblano peppers
- ½ avocado
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice, or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons Cabot Unsalted Butter, softened
- 4 slices large bread, such as deli-style sourdough
2 ounces Cabot White Oak Cheddar, Cabot Sharp Cheddar or Cabot New York Extra Sharp Cheddar, shredded (about ½ cup)
- ARRANGE oven rack in upper third of the oven. Preheat broiler to high heat. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place poblanos on the prepared sheet and broil, turning occasionally, until the skin is blackened, blistered and charred on all sides, about 10 minutes. Carefully transfer the peppers to a bowl, cover and set aside to cool.
- MASH avocado in a small bowl with the lime and salt to taste. Spread butter over one side of each slice of bread. Turn bread over and spread avocado mixture on two slices of the bread. Divide cheddar between the other two slices of bread.
- PEEL the charred skin off when peppers are cool enough to handle. Remove stems and seeds and cut the peppers in half. Lay the pepper halves over the cheese and top with the avocado smeared halves. Lay the assembled sandwiches in a large skillet and place over medium-low heat, cook until golden on the outside and cheese is melted on the inside, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Cut in half to serve.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 29 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 13.5 grams
- 60 milligrams
- 1313 milligrams
- 115 grams
- 8 grams
- 30 grams
- 289 milligrams