Protein Cereal Bars
Breakfast & Brunch
Cereal bars make a convenient grab-and-go snack, but many store bought ones contain preservatives and other not-so-healthy ingredients. When you make your own, you’ll have peace of mind knowing exactly what’s in them and we’ve got the perfect recipe for you to try! These protein cereal bars, made with peanut butter, brown sugar, honey, crispy rice cereal and whey protein powder for an extra boost of protein, boast great flavor and a lovely texture. As a bonus, they’re easy to make and come together in no time! Enjoy and share the recipe with family and friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
Preheat your oven to 350° F and coat a 9×9 square baking pan or dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan, combine peanut butter, brown sugar, honey, Cabot Unsalted Butter, salt and vanilla extract and heat over medium heat until melted.
In a large bowl, mix the crispy brown rice cereal (or crispy rice cereal) and whey protein powder.
Pour the melted peanut butter mixture over the rice mixture and stir together. Add in the liquid egg whites and continue stirring until well combined.
Using a spatula, spread the mixture evenly into greased pan and bake for 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes and loosen bars from side of pan. Invert onto a rack to cool completely. Cut into bars and enjoy!
Ready to try another healthy, homemade bar recipe? Try our Chewy Granola Bars with Yogurt Drizzle! Did you know that Cabot is a co-operative of New York and New England farm families who all work diligently to produce only the highest quality products? We’d love for you to share your thoughts on this cereal bar recipe, so please rate and review it when you have the chance!
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
- COAT a 9 x 9 square baking pan or dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- COMBINE peanut butter, brown sugar, honey, butter, salt and vanilla in a medium saucepan and heat over medium heat until melted.
- MIX rice cereal and whey powder in a large bowl.
- POUR the melted peanut butter mixture over rice mixture and stir.
- ADD egg whites and continue stirring until well combined.
- SPREAD mixture evenly into greased pan, using a spatula.
- BAKE for 30 minutes; let cool 10 minutes. Loosen bars from side of pan and invert onto a rack to cool completely.
- CUT into bars and enjoy.
- Serving Size
- 1/9 recipe
- per serving
- 9 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2 grams
- 127 milligrams
- 28 grams
- 1 grams
- 9 grams
- 15 grams