Salmon Biscuit Pies
- 6 large whole-grain or buttermilk “refrigerator” biscuits
- 1½ cups milk
2 tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter
3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1½ cups frozen cubed butternut squash
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1½ teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, or more to taste
- 1 pound salmon fillet, skin removed and cut into pieces
½ cup Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt or Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt
- PRESS biscuits down over upside-down large muffin pan to form “cups”, or place on baking sheet to make regular biscuits. Bake according to package directions.
- HEAT milk to just below simmer in microwave or small saucepan.
- MELT butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Whisk in flour and cook, stirring for about 1 minute. A small amount at a time, whisk in hot milk, whisking until milk is absorbed and mixture is smooth after each addition. Continue whisking until sauce is simmering and thickened, about 2 minutes.
- ADD squash, peas, corn, thyme, sugar, salt and pepper, and cook for a few minutes longer, stirring often, until vegetables are heated through and squash is tender. Taste, adding more salt and pepper as needed.
- STIR in salmon and let cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until opaque in center. Remove from heat and stir in yogurt. Rewarm if needed, but do not let sauce simmer to avoid curdling.
- SERVE in biscuit cups or over split biscuits.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 24 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 7.5 grams
- 55 milligrams
- 848 milligrams
- 47 grams
- 3 grams
- 26 grams
- 154 milligrams