Smoked Salmon & Cheddar Penne
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped smoked salmon
- 1 cup homemade or jarred tomato sauce
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup white wine
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- ½ pound penne pasta, cooked
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
1 ounce Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated (about ¼ cup)
- HEAT large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and garlic. Add salmon and stir for about one minute. Add wine and cook for two minutes longer.
- STIR in tomato sauce and cream; reduce heat and let simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, or until thickened. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes, if using.
- ADD penne and basil and stir until heated through. Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 23 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 9 grams
- 40 milligrams
- 7 grams
- 15 grams
- 120 milligrams