Apple, Cranberry & Cheddar Muffins
Breakfast & Brunch
It’s important to have a healthy, hearty breakfast. If you start your day off with a filling meal, you’ll be energized to tackle just about anything that pops up. Our lactose free apple cheddar muffins are perfect for breakfast or as a nice snack before or after lunch. The recipe creates 12 muffins, making it a great menu choice when hosting a breakfast get-together. The muffins feature a wholesome blend of cheddar cheese and finely diced apples. The mixture perfectly complements one another—on the one hand, you have a sharp kick from the cheddar, and on the other, the apples provide some refreshing sweetness. After trying the recipe, share it with your friends and family on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. We know you’re going to love these muffins!
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
4 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
- ⅓ cup canola or other vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup peeled and finely diced apples
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Coat insides of 12-hole muffin pan with cooking spray or line with muffin cups.
- WHISK together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Stir in grated cheddar.
- WHISK together cranberry juice, vegetable oil and egg, in another bowl. Add juice mixture to dry ingredients along with apples and cranberries; stir just until dry ingredients are incorporated, but batter is still lumpy.
- FILL muffin cups about two-thirds full. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until nicely browned on top and skewer inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand for about 1 minute before removing from pan.
- per serving
- 4 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2 grams
- 30 milligrams
- 307 milligrams
- 28 grams
- 0.5 grams
- 5.5 grams
- 112 milligrams