Bacon and Onion Yogurt Dip & Topping
Dips Spreads & Dressings
Looking for a yogurt dip and topping that’s packed with deliciousness? Make this Bacon and Onion Dip. This recipe is easy to make and is so versatile that it will become a staple. Use it as a baked potato topping, dollop it onto oven-roasted winter squash, melt it onto steamed broccoli and spread it on an avocado and tomato sandwich. Be sure to share all the ways you love using this bacon yogurt dip with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!
To make about 1 cup (or 8 servings) of this bacon yogurt dip, begin by cooking the bacon in a small skillet over medium heat until crispy. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
Pour off all but 2 teaspoons of fat from skillet and return to medium-low heat. Add chopped yellow onions and sugar and cook slowly, stirring often, for about 10 minutes or until onions are tender, translucent and deeply colored.
Transfer onions to a small bowl. Chop or crumble the bacon and add to onions, along with Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt (or Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt). Stir everything together and season with salt and pepper. Use right away or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll also enjoy one of our other Greek Yogurt Topping recipes. Try our Spicy BBQ Greek Yogurt Topping, Curried Greek Yogurt Topping or Broccoli-Cheddar Greek Yogurt Topping next. Did you know Cabot is a co-operative of over 800 farm families who continuously strive to produce the best dairy products around? If you love this bacon and onion dip as much as we do, we’d really appreciate it if you could rate and review the recipe when you have the chance!
- 2 thick slices bacon
- ¾ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- COOK bacon in small skillet over medium heat until crispy; transfer to paper towel to drain.
- POUR off all but 2 teaspoons fat from skillet and return to medium-low heat; add onions and sugar and cook slowly, stirring often, for about 10 minutes or until onions are tender, translucent and deeply colored.
- TRANSFER onions to small bowl. Chop or crumble bacon and add to onions, along with yogurt; stir everything together and season with salt and pepper. Use right away or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- per serving
- 4.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 1.5 grams
- 6 milligrams
- 80 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 0.5 grams
- 3 grams
- 38 milligrams