Bacon Cheddar Poutine
4 - 5 as an appetizer
- 1 package frozen tater tots
- 5 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
¼ cup King Arthur All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Sliced scallions for garnish
- BAKE tater tots according to package instructions while preparing gravy.
- MELT butter over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Add flour and whisk for 1-2 minutes until the mixture smells slightly nutty.
- POUR the chicken and beef broths slowly into the flour mixture, whisking constantly, until smooth. Continue to whisk for 10-12 minutes until thickened and has just started to bubble. Add the rice vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
- REMOVE tater tots from the oven when they have finished baking. Position oven rack in upper third of oven and preheat broiler.
- PLACE the baked tater tots in an oven proof skillet or baking dish and top with preferred amount of gravy and cubed cheddar.
- BROIL for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Garnish with sliced scallions and crumbled bacon.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 25 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 11 grams
- 1110 milligrams
- 45 milligrams
- 31 grams
- 3 grams
- 11 grams
- 204 milligrams