Baked Chicken Strips
These Baked Chicken Strips are easy to make—they only require a little prep and let the oven do most of the work. Serve them up with BBQ sauce, ranch dressing, or ketchup, and your family will be in chicken strip heaven. Be sure to rate the recipe and leave us a review to let us know how your family enjoyed the meal. Your advice and tidbits can help other families share in the tasty goodness that these baked chicken strips have to offer.
Chicken strips have always been a favorite dish for kids and are perfect to serve for family dinners. Frozen chicken fingers can’t quite match the taste of freshly baked chicken strips, and this recipe is sure to become a family favorite once the kids get a taste.
What sets these chicken strips apart is the cheesy cornflake breading. 4 ounces of our Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar mixes with 1½ cups of crushed cornflakes to create a crunchy, golden brown breading that the family will love. This fresh, flavorful breading is much more scrumptious than any frozen chicken strips could ever be. Serve the baked chicken strips with mashed potatoes, a salad or fresh veggies for a nutritious meal that you can feel good about.
Cabot is a cooperative of dairy farm families that are dedicated to producing the highest quality dairy products. You’ll be able to taste the difference that our award-winning cheeses make in all of our recipes. We love sharing these recipes with families around the world, and we look forward to hearing about the special meals that they helped to create. We hope that you will take a moment to rate and review the dish to share your thoughts and comments on our baked chicken strips recipe.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Pinch salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 4 large egg whites
- ½ cup reduced fat (2%) milk
- 1½ cups crushed cornflakes
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves, cut into ½-inch-wide strips
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Coat 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- MIX in three separate bowls: – mix together flour, salt and pepper – beat together egg whites and milk- mix together cornflakes and cheese.
- DIP chicken strips first into flour, then into egg white mixture, then into cornflake mixture, turning to coat. Place in baking dish. (Discard any unused mixture.)
- BAKE for 25 minutes or until nicely browned, turning over after about 12 minutes. Serve with ketchup or barbecue sauce if desired.
- per serving
- 11 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 4 grams
- 65 milligrams
- 282 milligrams
- 19 grams
- 1 grams
- 28 grams
- 150 milligrams
Try pairing with our Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip.