Cabot Baked Pimento Cheese Bagels
Breakfast & Brunch
Does the thought of making bagels from scratch intimidate you? We understand this endeavor can seem daunting, but let us alleviate your fears with this incredibly easy to make bagel recipe. Our Pimento Cheese recipe and Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt combine to create a delicious and healthy bagel that doesn’t require any fancy equipment or an extensive amount of time to make. As a bonus, after making the Pimento Cheese you’ll have plenty leftover to use later – and that’s always a good thing! Share this recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter while you’re at it.
To make 4 bagels, you’ll first need to make the Pimento Cheese. Scoop out ½ cup and refrigerate the remainder to use for sandwiches or to make more bagels.
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Whisk the flour, baking powder and kosher salt together in a medium bowl. Add the Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt and pimento cheese and mix with a spoon until everything is well blended and starts to resemble a dough.
With your hands, knead the mixture until you have a nice, consistent dough. Divide it into four equal size balls. Roll each of the balls out into a rope-like form, each one about 7 or 8 inches long and then roll one end of dough over to the other, overlapping and pinching the ends together. Brush the tops and sides of the bagels with the egg wash and be sure to use all the wash.
Place the bagels on a greased baking sheet or a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the tops of the bagels are nice and brown.
Once you see how easy it is to make bagels at home, you may want to try donuts next! And we have just the recipe for you – our Blueberry Cake Donuts are moist and delicious and are always a hit. Did you know Cabot is a co-operative of over 800 farm families who continuously strive to produce the best dairy products around? If you love this pimento cheese bagel recipe as much as we do, we’d really appreciate it if you could rate and review it when you have the chance!
1½ cup plus 2 tablespoons of King Arthur All-Purpose Flour or Gluten Free Flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- pinch or two of kosher salt
1 cup Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt
½ cup Cabot Pimento Cheese
- 1 egg, well beaten
MAKE the Pimento Cheese. Scoop out ½ cup and refrigerate the remainder for sandwiches or to make more bagels.
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- WHISK 1 cup of the flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl. Add yogurt and pimento cheese and mix with a spoon until it is well blended, and the dough makes a shaggy mass.
- USING your hands, knead the remaining flour into the dough, ¼ cup at a time, allowing each flour addition to be fully incorporated into the dough before adding more. At the end of kneading, you should have a nice looking, consistent, relatively smooth dough to work with.
- ROLL the dough into a large ball and cut it into 4 equal size balls. Roll each of the balls out into a rope-like form, each about 7 or 8 inches long. Bring one end of the dough rope over the other, making a circle, overlap and pinch the ends together. Brush the tops and sides of the bagels with the egg wash and be sure to use all the wash.
- PLACE the bagels on a greased baking sheet or one lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350°F for aproximately 40 minutes or until tops of the bagels are nice and brown.
- per serving
- 6 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2.5 grams
- 65 milligrams
- 330 milligrams
- 28 grams
- 1 grams
- 12 grams
- 267 milligrams