Cheddar, Bacon & Apple Stuffed Pork Chops
These pork chops feel fancy enough for a dinner party but come together so easily. Adding to the convenience, they can bake in the oven while the rest of the meal gets the stovetop.
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- ¾ cup peeled, diced apple
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- ¼ teaspoon salt, plus more for sprinkling
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more for sprinkling
4 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar, shredded (about 1cup)
- 4 (1½-inch thick) bone-in pork chops
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
- COOK bacon in a large iron skillet or oven-proof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until done. Add apple, shallots, rosemary, sage, salt, and ground black pepper; cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- TRANSFER mixture to a medium bowl keeping some pan drippings in pan. Add cheddar to apple mixture and stir to combine.
- CUT a horizontal slit in one side of each chop to form a pocket. Spoon stuffing mixture evenly into each pocket. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over both sides of the pork chop.
- COOK chops in pan drippings of hot skillet for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until browned. Transfer skillet to oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until pork chops are cooked through.
- per serving
- 26 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 7 grams
- 185 milligrams
- 450 milligrams
- 5 grams
- 1 grams
- 59 grams
- 160 milligrams