Cheddar with Honey, Walnuts & Dried Cherries
6 to 8
Looking for a last-minute, healthy holiday appetizer that your family and friends will love? Top the best cheddar cheese with chopped walnuts (preferably roasted) and chopped, dried fruits, then drizzle with honey and place on a cracker and you have a surprisingly simple yet elegant appetizer. This effortlessly fabulous, dressed up cheddar cheese is perfect to serve at any gathering. Make a little for an intimate weeknight get-together, or a lot for a party. Share this recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram – and be sure to use our handle @cabotcheese when posting on Instagram.
For 6-8 servings, place your choice of Cabot Farmhouse Reserve Cheddar, Cabot Vintage Choice Cheddar, Cabot Private Stock Cheddar, or Cabot New York Vintage Cheddar on a serving plate or board. If time allows, let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
Top cheddar with your choice of nuts and dried fruits, then drizzle with honey. Serve with crackers and fresh fruit slices. Enjoy!
For another simple yet delicious appetizer recipe, try our Cheddar, Walnut & Apple Bruschetta Toasts. Cabot is a co-operative of farm families and we work hard to produce our award-winning dairy products. We’d love to hear your feedback on this cheddar cheese appetizer, so please rate and review it when you have the chance.
6 to 8 ounces Cabot Farmhouse Reserve Cheddar, Cabot Vintage Choice Cheddar, Cabot Private Stock Cheddar, or Cabot New York Vintage Cheddar
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted if desired
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried cherries or other dried fruits such as figs, cranberries, dates, apricots, plums, currants or raisins
1 ½ tablespoons honey
- Whole grain crackers
- Slices fresh apples and/or pears, tossed with lemon juice to prevent browning
- PLACE cheese on serving plate or board (let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes if time allows).
- TOP with nuts and dried fruits, then drizzle with honey. Serve with crackers and fresh fruit slices.
- per serving
- 8 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 4 grams
- 23 milligrams
- 137 milligrams
- 6 grams
- 0.5 grams
- 5.5 grams
- 155 milligrams