Cheesy Tomato Scallion Muffins
Want a hearty and savory muffin recipe to add to your muffin recipe collection? You’ll want to try these cheesy tomato scallion muffins – they’re a popular muffin recipe around here and are sure to be popular in your home as well! Enjoy them alongside eggs, bacon or sausage for breakfast, or on their own as a satisfying snack. They’re perfect as is, but are also fabulous when cut in half and topped with Cabot Unsalted Butter or tomato preserves. After trying this cheesy muffin recipe, please share it with your family and friends on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter.
To make 12 muffins, preheat your oven to 375°F. Generously coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, mustard, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
Whisk together milk, eggs, Cabot Unsalted Butter (melted), finely minced sundried tomatoes and chopped scallions in another smaller bowl. Using a rubber spatula, stir this mixture into the dry ingredients until well mixed but still slightly lumpy.
Gently fold in grated Cabot Sharp Cheddar cheese (or grated Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar cheese). Note: The mixture will still be slightly lumpy.
Divide batter evenly among muffin cups and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until muffins are golden on top and feel firm when lightly pressed in center. Let cool in pan for 10 to 15 minutes before removing. Serve with additional butter or tomato preserves, if desired.
If you’re interested in another hearty, savory muffin recipe try these Cheddar & Ham Muffins next! Cabot is a cooperative of over 800 farm families. We work hard to produce our award-winning dairy products. We’d love to hear your feedback on these cheesy tomato scallion muffins so, if you have a chance, please rate and review the recipe.
- Butter-flavor cooking spray
2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
4 tablespoons (½ stick) Cabot Unsalted Butter, melted
- 3 heaping tablespoons sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and finely minced
- ¼ cup finely chopped scallions, mostly green parts
4 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar or Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Generously coat 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- WHISK together flour, baking powder, mustard, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- WHISK together milk, eggs, butter, tomatoes and scallions in another smaller bowl; with rubber spatula, stir this mixture into dry ingredients until well mixed but still slightly lumpy.
- FOLD in cheese gently (mixture will still be slightly lumpy). Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until muffins are golden on top and feel firm when lightly pressed in center. Let cool in pan for 10 to 15 minutes before removing. Serve with additional butter or tomato preserves if desired.
- per serving
- 9 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5 grams
- 276 milligrams
- 19 grams
- 1 grams
- 6.5 grams
- 115 milligrams