Chickpea Pasta with Spinach and Peppers
This vegetarian gluten-free pasta dinner is creamy and filling. The Greek yogurt sauce is made with tahini (sesame paste) and lemon juice.
- 1 8-ounce box chickpea pasta, or other pasta
¼ cup Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red pepper, cored and sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- COOK pasta according to package instructions. Drain well, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- WHISK Cabot Greek Yogurt, tahini, lemon juice and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- MEANWHILE, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add red pepper, onion, garlic and oregano and cook, stirring often until starting to soften and brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Add spinach, and cook, stirring until just wilted down and tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
- ADD pasta and tahini sauce to the vegetable mixture and remove from the heat. Stir until the vegetables and pasta are coated, thinning with the reserved cooking liquid if desired.
- per serving
- 13 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2.5 grams
- 5 milligrams
- 470 milligrams
- 51 grams
- 7 grams
- 12 grams
- 103 milligrams