Crustless Spinach Quiche
Breakfast & Brunch
This crustless spinach quiche recipe is made with Cabot light and no-fat cheeses. Healthy and easy-to-prepare, this quiche is perfect for brunch, or served with a simple salad as a light lunch or dinner. To pack in even more nutrients, feel free to add a small handful of other fresh seasonal vegetables, such as sliced mushrooms or diced bell peppers. After you’ve made this dish, feel free to share the recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
Preheat your oven to 375°F and coat 9-inch pie plate (preferably nonstick), with cooking spray and set aside. Heat canola oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add the onion, stirring while cooking, until translucent. Add the spinach, stirring until moisture has evaporated.
Sprinkle grated Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar or Cabot Vermont Sharp Cheddar evenly in prepared pie plate and top with spinach mixture. In a medium bowl, whisk the egg whites, egg, Cabot No Fat Cottage Cheese, red pepper, salt, and nutmeg together. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the spinach and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until set. Let stand for 5 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.
Looking for another quiche worthy of any occasion and that can be served any time of the year? Then try this Delicious Dinner Quiche. As a cooperative of New York and New England farm families, our mission is to make the highest quality and best tasting dairy products you’ll find. We’d love for you to rate and review this crustless spinach quiche recipe once you’ve made it!
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 6 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Coat 9-inch pie plate, preferably nonstick, with cooking spray; set aside.
- HEAT oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until translucent. Add spinach and stir until moisture has evaporated, about 3 minutes longer.
- SPRINKLE cheese evenly in prepared pie plate. Top with spinach mixture.
- WHISK together egg whites, egg, cottage cheese, red pepper, salt and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Pour egg mixture evenly over spinach.
- BAKE for 30 to 40 minutes, or until set. Let stand for 5 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.
- per serving
- 11 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5 grams
- 76 milligrams
- 620 milligrams
- 8 grams
- 2 grams
- 24 grams
- 409 milligrams