Farm Girl’s Fave Grilled Cheese and Apple Sandwich
For a delicious twist on the typical grilled cheese sandwich, try this perfectly satisfying farmer recipe, courtesy of Jessica Ziehm from Tiashoke Farm in Buskirk, New York.
It’s made with oatmeal bread, which provides a lovely, unique texture. Apple butter is spread on one side of each slice of bread and softened Cabot Salted Butter is spread on the other side, creating a fantastic salty and sweet flavor combination. Thinly sliced apples and thin slices of Cabot New York Extra Sharp Cheddar come together to make a scrumptious filling that’s creamy and just a bit crunchy. Share this grilled cheese and apple sandwich farmer recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
To make 2 sandwiches, spread one of each slice of oatmeal bread with softened Cabot Salted Butter. Turn slices over and spread second side with apple butter.
Place a skillet over medium-low heat. While skillet is heating, top two bread slices with thin slices of Cabot New York Extra Sharp Cheddar and apple slices. Set remaining bread slices on top, butter-side-up.
Place sandwiches in skillet and cook slowly, turning midway, until cheese is melted and bread is golden. If sandwiches are browning too quickly, reduce heat.
Want a grilled cheese sandwich with a bit of a kick? You’ll want to try these Poblano Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. As a co-operative of farm families, our goal is to make the highest quality and best tasting cheddar cheese and dairy products you’ll find. We’d love for you to rate and review this grilled cheese and apple sandwich recipe once you’ve made it!
- 4 slices oatmeal bread
1 tablespoon Cabot Salted Butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons apple butter
4 ounces Cabot New York Extra Sharp Cheddar, thinly sliced
- 1 Empire apple, cored and thinly sliced
- SPREAD one side of each bread slice with butter. Turn slices over and spread second side with apple butter.
- PLACE skillet over medium-low heat. While skillet is heating, top two bread slices with cheese and apple slices, then set remaining bread slices on top, butter-side-up.
- PLACE sandwiches in skillet and cook slowly, turning midway, until cheese is melted and bread is golden, reducing heat if sandwiches are browning too quickly.
- per serving
- 26 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 13.5 grams
- 76 milligrams
- 733 milligrams
- 47 grams
- 5 grams
- 18.5 grams
- 454 milligrams