Grilled Chicken & Vegetable Kabobs
Whether you’re looking for a kabob recipe that’s sure to be a hit at a BBQ, or to make a healthy and flavorful dinner for the family that everyone will enjoy, these grilled chicken kabobs with vegetables are exactly what you need. The chicken marinates in a delicious mix of flavors and the vegetables are tossed in an olive oil-garlic mixture. Then the chicken and vegetables are grilled and brushed with a yogurt/olive oil mixture for serving. All of these fantastic flavors combine beautifully to turn out a truly appetizing dish that you’ll make again and again. Share this recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter after you’ve made it.
Start by making the marinade by mixing together Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt (or Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt), olive oil, lemon or lime juice, Worcestershire, garlic, thyme, and basil until well blended. Then add the hot sauce (such as Sriracha chili sauce), salt, and pepper to taste. Reserve ¼ cup of the marinade for later.
Once the marinade is made, cut chicken breasts into 2-inch pieces and place in the remaining marinade, stirring to ensure all pieces are coated. Cover and refrigerate for four hours or more. In the meantime, mix remaining garlic and olive oil and set aside. After chicken has marinated, divide the pieces among 4 skewers and preheat grill to medium-high.
Toss vegetables in the olive-oil garlic mixture and thread on 4 additional skewers. Grill chicken and vegetable skewers until cooked through. Before serving, combine reserved marinade with any remaining garlic oil and brush both the chicken and vegetables. Then help yourself – you won’t believe the amazing flavor such a healthy dish can bring!
For another tasty grilled chicken recipe try our Tandoori Murgh. Cabot is committed to producing the very best products, and that commitment shines through in all of the recipes we feature. We’d love for you to rate and review these grilled chicken kabobs to let us know how you enjoyed them!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Hot sauce, such as Sriracha chili sauce, to taste
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1-1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- About 3 cups assorted vegetables cut into 2-inch chunks (such as onion, bell pepper, zucchini, squash, etc.)
- MAKE marinade: in medium bowl mix together yogurt, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lime or lemon juice, Worcestershire, half of garlic, thyme and basil until well blended. Add hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Remove ¼ cup of marinade and set aside.
- CUT chicken breasts into 2-inch pieces and place in remaining marinade, stirring until all pieces are well coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- MIX remaining garlic with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a small bowl; set aside.
- PREHEAT grill to medium-high when chicken has marinated. Divide chicken among about 4 skewers.
- COMBINE vegetables with reserved olive oil-garlic mixture in a large bowl, tossing to coat.
- THREAD vegetables on about 4 more skewers.
- ADD reserved yogurt marinade to any garlic oil remaining in bowl.
- GRILL chicken and vegetable skewers until cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes for chicken.
- BRUSH hot chicken and vegetable skewers with yogurt/olive oil mixture. Arrange on serving dish, or serve over bed of green salad or rice.
- per serving
- 18 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 3.5 grams
- 73 milligrams
- 262 milligrams
- 13 grams
- 2 grams
- 31 grams
- 143 milligrams