Grilled Zucchini Toasts
- 4 thick-sliced hearty whole grain bread slices
- 1 small to medium zucchini
- 1 small to medium yellow summer squash
- ⅛ cup chopped basil
1 cup Cabot Seriously Sharp Shredded Cheddar
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- HEAT grill to medium-high.
- SLICE zucchini and yellow summer squash length-wise into ⅛ to ¼-inch slices. Season both sides with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- PLACE on grill and cook on each side for 2 – 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- DRIZZLE olive oil on both sides of the sliced bread.
- PLACE bread slices on the grill for 2 – 3 minutes on each side or until toasted and grill marks form.
- REDUCE grill temperature to low and place ¼ cup of shredded cheese on each piece of bread. Close grill cover and cook the bread until the cheese has melted, 2 – 3 minutes. Remove and place on a serving platter.
- CHOP grilled zucchini and squash into 1-inch pieces and top each piece of grilled bread with the vegetables until covered.
- ADD a sprinkle of chopped basil, a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serving Size
- 1/4 recipe
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 18 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 6 grams
- 30 milligrams
- 380 milligrams
- 22 grams
- 4 grams
- 5 grams
- 14 grams
- 260 milligrams