Harissa Garden Veggie Bowl
If you’re looking for a flavorful and quick lunch recipe, give this Harissa Garden Veggie Bowl a try. Harissa and tahini are star ingredients in this dish, elevating the flavor and beautifully complementing the rice and vegetables. Once you make this veggie rice bowl, we’re pretty confident it will become a lunch staple in your home.
Feel free to share the recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
- 4 cups cooked grains, such as brown rice, farro, and/or quinoa
- 3 tablespoons harissa paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 medium cauliflower, florets separated
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
4 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
- Cilantro leaves, for topping (optional)
- Sesame seeds, for sprinkling (optional)
- PREHEAT the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- WHISK together the harissa, olive oil, red wine vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper in a medium-sized bowl.
- ADD the cauliflower florets and sliced red peppers and toss until well coated.
- PLACE coated vegetables on the baking sheet alongside the onion wedges and roast for 35 minutes, tossing halfway through. Once tender, remove from the oven.
- BLEND the dressing ingredients into a smooth sauce while the vegetables are roasting.
- SERVE the roasted vegetables on top of the cooked grains, and top with tahini dressing, grated cheese, cilantro and sesame seeds, if desired.
- Serving Size
- 1/4 recipe
- per serving
- 38 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 9 grams
- 30 milligrams
- 960 milligrams
- 69 grams
- 10 grams
- 8 grams
- 21 grams
- 318 milligrams
This recipe can be served warm or cold. Either cool the cooked grains and roasted vegetables to room temperature, or use warm cooked grains with the veggies right out of the oven.