Heartfelt Tuna Melts
This tuna melt recipe, our version of a classic lunch dish, features a tasty blend of white tuna, onions, Russian or Thousand Island dressing and Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar cheese. If you’re interested in learning how to make a tuna melt, follow this easy recipe and you’ll soon be a pro at whipping them up. This recipe makes four servings and can be made quickly, making it a great fast and healthy lunch option. After trying the recipe, please share it with your family and friends on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter. The more folks who have a chance to try the recipe, the better!
Ready to make a tuna melt sandwich? You’ll be happy to know that you only need a few key ingredients. To get started, you’ll need some whole-wheat English muffins, solid white tuna (preferably packed in water and drained), celery, onion, low-fat Russian or Thousand Island salad dressing, salt, ground black pepper, and three ounces of Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar cheese.
Preheat your broiler and arrange English muffins split-side-up on a baking sheet. Set under broiler until lightly toasted.
Mix together the tuna, celery, onion and salad dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
Top each muffin with one-fourth of tuna mixture. Return to broiler until heated through, about 2 to 3 more minutes. Then add one-fourth of Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar cheese to each muffin and return to broiler until cheese is melted, about 1 minute longer.
Interested in trying a fish and cheese recipe that’s spicy? Then try our Fish Tacos with Habanero Cheddar. Cabot is a co-operative of 800 farm families. We work hard to produce our award-winning cheeses and dairy products. While we’re confident that you and your loved ones will enjoy our cheesy tuna melt recipe, we want to hear your thoughts about the dish. After trying it, please rate and review it. We can’t wait to hear your feedback!
- 2 whole-wheat English muffins, split
- 1 (6-ounce) can solid white tuna packed in water, drained
- ⅓ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup lowfat Russian or Thousand Island salad dressing
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
3 ounces Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar, grated (about ¾ cup)
- PREHEAT broiler.
- ARRANGE English muffins split-side-up on baking sheet; set under broiler until lightly toasted.
- MIX together tuna, celery, onion and salad dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
- TOP each muffin with one-fourth of tuna mixture. Return to broiler until heated through, about 2 to 3 more minutes, then add one-fourth of cheese to each muffin and return to broiler until cheese is melted, about 1 minute longer.
- per serving
- 5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2 grams
- 11 milligrams
- 824 milligrams
- 16 grams
- 2 grams
- 19 grams
- 230 milligrams