Lemon Tarragon Potato Salad with Cabot Greek Yogurt
Bright lemon, fragrant tarragon and fresh peas make this lemon potato salad recipe a perfect dish for the spring and summer months. Mixing Cabot’s Greek Yogurt with mayonnaise for the dressing reduces fat and gives the salad a subtle tang that you’ll love. Share the recipe for this low-fat potato salad with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
To make 8 servings of this potato yogurt salad, place potatoes in a large pot of cold salted water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook until tender when pierced with a knife, approximately 20 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of potatoes. Drain and let cool completely.
In a large bowl, stir together Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt (or Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt), mayonnaise, mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Cut potatoes into ¾-inch pieces (remove skin first if tough) and add to bowl, along with diced celery, diced red onion and chopped fresh tarragon. Gently fold everything together.
Note: Salad can be made up to 1 day ahead and refrigerated.
For a delicious potato salad recipe with a bit of a kick, try our New England Potato Salad with Horseradish Cheddar. As a co-operative of farm families, our goal is to make the highest quality and best tasting cheddar cheese and dairy products you’ll find. We’d love for you to rate and review this creamy Greek potato salad recipe once you’ve made it!
- 2 pounds yellow-fleshed potatoes, such as Yukon Gold
1 cup Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt or Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Optional: 1½ cups of cooked fresh peas
- PLACE potatoes in large pot of cold salted water. Bring to simmer over medium heat and cook until tender when pierced with knife, 20 to 40 minutes, depending on size. Drain and let cool completely.
- STIR together yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper, in large bowl. Cut potatoes into ¾-inch pieces (remove skin first if tough) and add to bowl, along with celery, onion and tarragon. Fold together gently. Salad can be made up to 1 day ahead and refrigerated.
- per serving
- 12 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2 grams
- 5 milligrams
- 280 milligrams
- 23 grams
- 2.5 grams
- 5.5 grams
- 71 milligrams